Since the dawn of civilization, knowledge and culture have been passed on through example, ritual and storytelling. In our visual culture, the impact of the spoken word has been muted, though not silenced. Stories are one of the oldest, most universal mediums for learning. And servant leadership has integrity only to the degree that it begins within the lives of each one of us – with our stories. In this unit, we want to focus on the power of stories to change lives and develop mature servant-leaders. (Approx. 85 min.)
- To reconnect with the value of stories throughout history and in our own lives.
- To help each participant tap into their own story and express it to others.
- To encourage participants to recall and tell inspiring stories of servant leadership within their organization, school or community.
The Facilitator will need to provide the following for this module:
- Materials to write on (board or flip chart).
- Participant booklets.
- Rent/Buy the video, Schindler’s List.