One of the biggest surprises in our research on preventing burnout was the importance of play. We learned this can be a challenge for busy adults to schedule. Do you remember how to play? Do you allow yourself to be a kid? In this module we will help you re-discover the energy of childhood and link play, renewal and energy to servant leadership. (Approx. 90 min.)
- To understand the link between play, renewal, energy, and being an effective servant-leader.
- To rediscover the joy and energy of childhood.
- To generate ways to renew yourself in many different time increments.
The Facilitator will need to provide the following for this module:
- Materials to write on (board or flip chart).
- Copies of the Participant Handout.
- An example of a Joy Journal (See instructions in the module.)
- Optional: Childhood toys (i.e. paddle ball, yo-yo, jacks, bubbles, etc.) for inspiration.