Robert K. Greenleaf, in contemporary times, is considered the originator of servant leadership in business and academic circles. This module looks at his works and writings. (Approx. 55 min.)
- Know about Robert K. Greenleaf and the contemporary origins of servant leadership.
- Be able to contrast the leadership traits of non-servants vs. servant-leaders.
- Assess your own servant leadership abilities.
The Facilitator will need to provide the following for this module:
- Materials to write on (board or flip chart).
- Two videos – “Patton” and “Dead Poets Society.”
- Copies of Servant as Leader, by Robert K. Greenleaf, and Journey to the East, by Herman Hesse.