Servant Leadership is a deeply personal journey in which ordinary people find the courage to live extraordinary lives. This entails an exploration of the spiritual dimension of work. When we begin to view work as more than just a means to a paycheck, it can become a “calling.” Someone has said that “calling” is that path where “our greatest joy meets the world’s greatest need.” That is our challenge and our reward. In this module we will begin to help participants discover their path to the extraordinary life they deserve. (Approx. 90 min.)
- To begin exploring the paradigm of “work as calling” as a means of clarifying our purpose as servant-leaders.
- To reconnect with dreams, desires for the future, and identify one way to bridge the gap between present reality and your vision.
- To begin journaling, find a mentor or plan a vision quest for the near future
The Facilitator will need to provide the following for this module:
- Materials to write on (board or flip chart).
- Participant booklets.
- Rent “Field of Dreams” and forward to the scene where Ray Kinsella first hears the voice.
- Obtain copies of Aaron Copeland’s “Fanfare for the Common Man” and the soundtrack to “The Man of La Mancha.”
- Buy a box of thick [3/8″] rubber bands – one for each class member